Friday, November 16, 2007

Revealing His faithfulness!


Let's be honest, I have been struggling lately with having little to none of a social life! I work 40 hours a week and go to school 3 nights a week. My weekends are packed with homework, cleaning, and perhaps a random quick outting. At Northwest I am not a student, but not an old fogy staff! I go to church but have yet to get connected with a small group. I seek my social life in class, but it is late, everyone is tired, hungry and been around people all day so "bonding" is the last thing on their list. I don't do the "bar" scene, where most people seem to find their friends while transitioning into a new city.
~
So........new friends? Barely! I am used to knowing everyone, having great conversations at least every hour, constantly getting phone calls just to say "hello", going to activities and having fun. This whole quiet, friendless, no social life this isn't really meshing with my 'tude! Over the past few days it has been especially hard for one reason or another!! However, during chapel today God reminded me of his faithfulness and love through the lyrics of a worship song.
~
This is the chorus:
Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me
~
Then the message was on the Parable of Talents and God just kept reminding me of my outgoing personality, my excitement for life, and my ease to meet new people! "What's my problem?" I asked myself. God has blessed me with the ability to make friendships, why am I so fearful of being vulnerable with people, especially at Northwest? Why am I so scared of awkward situations? Why am I not walking the walk and talking the talk with those people I do know at Seattle U? I should still be befriending those that don't share the same values as morals as myself - embrace the differences!
~
I am going to a game night tonight with all the SDAers and I can't wait!!!
~
Thank you, Jesus, for revealing Your faithfulness over and over again through the calm and through the storm, in every high and in every low! Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are SOOOOOO right honey!!! What a wonderful opportunity God has created for just you - be yourself and let God be revealed to others - enjoy the "quietness" of life and wait upon Him to give you more Life!!! I love you! Mom

Joe said...

True story, friends are a precious commodity.