Friday, October 5, 2007

I have two main goals in life. - Joe Smith

Okay okay okay, so I have been posting a lot lately, but I'm just making up for lack of posting previously! :)

Today has been a good day for the most part: I went to an always amazing chapel and I sat at lunch with a new friend, Joe Smith (how orignal, I know!). Joe is a student at Northwest U - but not just any student. He is a twenty three year old, second semester freshmen who is just starting his Nursing Degree. In prior years he had had his own business, apartment, etc, but something was missing: enjoyment! So Joe decided to come to Northwest in order to get a good education and do something he would enjoy in life. The reason for this? Well, Joe has two main life goals: To be the best husband and to become the greatest father. (Wow!) Though Joe seems like a pretty humorous and unserious person, he really said something profound here! He truly meant what he said when he wanted to be equipped to provide, to enjoy life, and to give all he could give to his future family! He wants to be the best man of God he can be - all around!

After hearing him and thinking about what he said, I hope and pray that all men begin to think like this, by having two main goals! I know that I want my future husband to have these qualities, visions and passions to be a man of God who is the best husband and best father. Wow!
Good job, Joe, and good luck!
:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll have to tell me more!!! Love, Me

Anonymous said...

well...if joe smith and you don't work out...you know whos number to give him! i love you can we please talk sooN?