Friday, October 12, 2007

Goal: Close the generation gap!

Monty Hipp gave a "self-prodding" message in chapel today with the topic of "Old People". What do you think about when you think of "old people?" I think of beauty, wisdom, good stories, grandparents, and adorable people - it almost brings tears to my eyes! The purpose of his message was to talk about closing the generational gap. We need to be able to connect with these men and women who have walked the road before us. THEY are in need of US and WE are in need of THEM. Monty gave the analogy of a batton race. They are going to be passing the batton to us once they push us to pick our speed and we are ready to take it.


It was a message I was encouraged by. He also talked about being friends with men and women from different generations. Instead of having them pray over you - let them pray WITH you. What a great concept! I want to learn how to learn from mighty men and women of God who have lived life! I want to collaborate my youthfulness with their elderness to create relationships that go unmatched.


This talk reminded me of this picture that always needs a second look. What do you see?

No comments: