Saturday, October 13, 2007

OH! What a Saturday!


Today was the first day I have had free in forever...or at least it feels that day. All week long I was looking forward to this day to get many things accomplished: laundry, homework, clean the apartment, clean my room, clean my car, and relax. Check. Kinda Check. Check. Check. Check. No check. But all in all, today was a fun day.

It was a beautiful day so I decided to get up and take a nice lil walk to SU and work on some homework. I did some research, made some copies, bought a book and then was on my way home. Randomly, Litney was on her way home too so swung by to pick me up. Once we got home we clean, organized, and got all of our laundry ready to go to a laundromat (Yes, we have washer/dryer facilities in our apartment but figured we'd just go out and do it to 1) get it all done quickly 2) to get out of the house 3) to do homework.).

From here, the day got crazy. First, we realized we forgot all our quarters when we were on the way to the Laundromat. Then, once we got there, we realized we had forgotten our detergent and dryer sheets. So, once we turned around to come back home we thought "Why don't we just go back and go to Safeway to get what we need." Yes, good idea! Well, once in Safeway it took us about 15 minutes to pick out the perfect smelling detergent - what a wreck. Okay, so we finally get to the Laundromat and we have absolutely NO idea what we are doing, not to mention it was a busy, nasty place. We kinda got direction from a few others as well as the owner - man, we stuck out like a sore thumb. The best (and weirdest) part about it, every time we went to change our clothes or do something, the owner was right on our back just staring at us. Litney and I couldn't help but just laugh!!

Um.............. so I guess this was a "had to be there" type of experience. =)

No comments: