Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Change is in the air

Today I gave in and began researching the 2008 Presidential Candidates. Many things have prompted this sudden burst of wanting to be more informed.
1. First, I am an American and should care about what is going on in the leadership of this country.
2. Second, I was reading over my syllabus for my Leadership in Education course and found we were going to be doing a project on these candidates - I figured I should probably know whats going on and who thinks what.
3. And last, I have come to understand that this is a HUGE election year - one that will mark its place in history. Possible candidates are a woman, a black man, an Italian, and even a pastor!
4. And of the real last reason: In March of last year I was sent on a trip back to DC and was able to see both Hillary and Barack campaign at the AIPAC conference. As you can see, I was pretty close - what a fun experience. However, I don't feel as if I would vote for either of them.

Someone said I had the "Hillary look" (whatever that means)!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning - I'm proud of you for taking interest in elections. I don't get quite as excited as I deal with them all year long and 2008 is going to be torture. Yes Kari lost her ring - I felt so bad for both of them. We went up to Mark Webbs and Kari used the diamonds she had from her Grandma Hoopers ring. It is similar to the one she lost. This one will be insured. Your pictures are just to darn cute. Miss you.