Friday, October 19, 2007

Hopeless Romantic...


“But it was just my imagination
running away with me.
It was just my imagination
running away with me...”
~
Oh, the Temptations said it best, right?
~
Haha! Do you ever have those times in your life when you want to be so in love? AND, want someone to love you back?
~
My mind is on this constant path towards a man in my life! My heart goes pitter-patter, my breath is short, and I can’t stop thinking about that perfect moment in time where “it” happens! (I haven’t figured out if that “it” is meeting him, marrying him, or just being with him!)
I feel like I am finally at a time in my life when my heart is ready to be pursued. It is healed, confident, and happy! I am waiting for my Prince to go to battle for me - to buck up to his own feelings and emotions, and truly hear the voice of God saying "Captivate her".
~
What an exciting time this is going to be!!! Haha, I'm just hoping it happens within the next few years! =) Is that awful to think? I have decided "No". Every young girl should be preparing her heart for those precious moments, but guarding it at the same time! I'm just ready for someone - I no longer want to be "girly" over these crushypoos. I want the real thing!
~
Okay, I've put my lovey-thoughts on the line - so be it, right? =) God made me a girl with a sensitive and precious heart - He made all us ladies that way!
AND more than anything, I've learned:
It is completely "ok" to be girly!

2 comments:

Jess and Josh said...

The right guy will come and find you.. Hee hee you may even know him now :). It's meeting him, being with him, definately marrying him all together. You would rather be with him then, say, go to the movies with your girlfriends. You treasure all the moments you have with each other. It will happen within the next few years with ya. You are an awesome person and you shouldn't have any troublw.

Anonymous said...

it's all three, but especially the just being together part, be it watching a movie, going for a walk, watching the stars, talking on the phone, or even doing homework together. it's being together no matter who is around or what else you could be doing. sometimes relationships come out of the oddest places, from friendships you don't even really think about. for some, it's flutters when you meet, for others it's more gradual. but at some point, it happens, and you know.
the lesson i learned was that when you stop looking and just enjoy being yourself, as girly as that may or may not be, God has a way of making things happen. life is funny that way!
love you hon!
daisy