Monday, November 24, 2008

After 8 years...

On my 16th birthday I was given a "CTR" ring. Yep, a Mormon "Choose the Right" ring. Well, from that day on I wore the beautiful ring on my left ring finger as a symbol of purity and also as somewhat of a friendship ring with the ladies in my class.

I always get asked the question "Are you a Mormon?" Or if I see people staring at it with questioning eyes, I always make sure to peep up, "You're wondering if I am Mormon, huh?" (This was especially the case at my Protestant Christian College).
Disclaimer: I am not Mormon, though have many amazing, beautiful friends that are. Thank you Mel and Robbie for allowing me to ask questions and learn more!

Anyways, I have been contemplating it for awhile, but today I finally decided to switch the ring from my left to right hand. Let the change begin! Not only is my left finger permanently indented (or so it feels), but my right finger is a little bit smaller so the ring feels like it is going to continuously fall off!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy reading your thoughts. We are all very proud of you and Litney and we look forward to your visit down here for Christmas. Bingo will be so much fun and perhaps even profitable! Have fun and be safe. Love you, Angel's Mom.

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

i love that you wear that ring. and i think it was a great move to switch it to the right hand so you can start thinking about the beautiful engagement ring that will abide there soon. love you sweetie!