Tuesday, May 20, 2008

To sum up the last 32 hours.

Saturday
1:40pm - Impulsive though: Drive across WA to go to ex-boyfriends wedding.
2:00pm - Called Brandon and he agreed to go along
3:00pm - Finally leave for Kennewick WA - in hopes of making it to 7:00p wedding
4:12pm - Pulled over at Exit 85 with thoughts of turning back - what the heck was I doing? Going to an ex-boys wedding, what???? Called Jenny and she assured me this was the "adult" thing to do.
5:42pm - Arrive in Kennewick WA (great timing!!), pull into Arby's parking lot, change and do hair/make-up in car.
6:59pm - Finally arrive at wedding after driving around for 30 mins being lost
7:00pm-8:45pm - Watch ex-boyfriend say his "I do's", finally meet his wife, watch them be in love and dance, reconnect with many old friends, realize that I could have been the one getting married, freak out, reminisce about all the fun times we shared, know that I am blessed for getting out of that relationship, and watch a beautiful sunset.

(Scott and Jeni - first dance)

Beautiful sunset


9:00pm-Stayed night at Nate Siler's.

Sunday

8:46am- Woke up and hit the road to come back
1:15pm - Returned to Seattle (Thank you Jesus)
2:24pm - After showering, headed to Tully's for a major study time
2:26pm - Heading to Tully's and BOOM ......... got T-boned. My poor "Dotty", my baby, crushed in on the back end. =(


My poor baby! =(

2:40pm-4:00pm - Talked to parents to find out what to do and gather advice.4:15pm- Finally to Tully's (Lit, so nicely, offered to drive me down and drop me off so my friend Casey could pick me up and we could head to dinner with the "fiercesome foursome" and clan. 6:00pm- DINNER with amazing people! Krissy's mom was in town so we all had to get together.

(Silvia-Krissy's friend - Krissy's Mom, Krissy, Katie, Me, Casey)

9:00pm- Attempt to study for test with Katie and Casey

10:44pm - Just finished send off emails, writing the accident report, doing hw, and other such errands. Soooooooooooooooo ready or bed.

WHAT A CRAZY 32 HOURS!!

But God is AMAZING. Thank you Jesus for keeping me safe and loving me always. Amen!

4 comments:

Leigh Anna said...

I'm glad that you made it to the wedding. I spent the whole day at Whitworths Library...it was a joyous occasion. I was sick and while looking through some of the books I had to lay down in the middle of the bookshelves...it was marvelous. But in a week and a day I will be a Seattle resident...ohhh par-ty

but ps I'm glad you are ok from the accident...

Anonymous said...

What an experience and YES, GOD IS GOOD!!! I love you honey and am thankful you are fine! Mom

Jenna said...

Saturday

3:05- called a longtime friend and Yakima resident for details on how long the drive would take...

hahaha. just thought I'd prove to you that I do read your blog ;)

Glad you had a safe trip. And I look forward to seeing you around (both formally for our 19th date, and informally all over campus :-D )

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sounds like a crazy few days. Hope your car is okay :(.
So here's an update for you: I am a teacher! but I don't have a classroom yet. They want me to fly from San Jose to another city (like Seattle, San Diego, Vegas) each week and teach there. I guess they were impressed with what they saw!?!?! I'm going to get to travel to this same place (wherever it is) for 5 weeks! Hey, if it's Seattle we totally have to get together!
Miss you girl!!! You should give me a call sometime.
:)