Tuesday, September 28, 2010

building ME for someone else.

i was challenged with the idea of building your relationship with Jesus so you can be strong for those around you. not to show off or be boastful, but to be encouraging and of good spirit. i've really been taking that to heart the past few weeks and i feel like my quiet time has been so much stronger. i think i get excited about the idea of being strong for my future - my future husband and children (possibly). but i really WANT and NEED to be strong for NOW. i have so many young people looking up to me and colleagues depending on me. sometimes i feel overwhelmed because i feel like i am not the person of christ they need me to be.

at the same time, i want to be patient with this process. i want to make sure my heart is in check and i am doing it for the right reasons - not to be "better" than others or boastful, not to do it "to" them, but to do it for them. more than anything i believe my desire needs to come just by wanting that deeper relationship with the lord which will in turn grow me and hopefully be of influence to others.

god, i pray you grow me into the woman for christ you intend for me to be. i pray you strengthen my knowledge and understanding of you - allow me to live in and through you so that i can see this world through your eyes and with your heart. build me strong so i can be of YOUR influence to those around me. use me lord.
amen.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A beautiful prayer heart for a beautiful young woman who I know will one day be a beautiful wife and a beautiful mother!! God use her and stay with her through her desires and dreams. Mom

Elle said...

Updates ? :-)

~kisses
http://lostinreligion.blogspot.com

Philip Verghese 'Ariel' said...

Good to be here, the blog building me for someone else, nice thoughts, yes let us have and intimate relationship with Jesus our Lord, that can make a great change within ourselves as well the people around us, Intimate relationship with The Lord is the very purpose of our living on this earth and the only thing our Savior expects from us,
Keep up the good work and Keep it up the good thoughts always for the benefit of others,
May God help,
pl. read a blog of mine which i crated few days back on this similar line
best
philip

AmyAlves said...

Hi Larissa, I just stumbled upon your blog for the first time! From a woman who used to pray the same prayer as you are now, continue forward on your journey sister! I'm now a wife and mother of 3! Pray and prepare your heart before our great God as much as possible! He will and is, using you in mighty ways for His kingdom! -Many Blessings, Amy from amyswomantics.blogspot.com

Leifenator said...

So my guess you don't blog anymore judging be the dates, but I was looking at a random blog and then hit next blog just because I felt like it. I ended up stumbling on your blog and saw that you talked about Jesus and lived in Seattle.

I live in Edmonds, a little north of Seattle, but go to school at UW so I am in Seattle a lot. Also I love Jesus a lot and wouldn't be who I am today without him (grant it, I still feel like I have a lot of growing to do). I thought that the similarities were funny.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that some guys is going to be really blessed to have you as his wife. There is nothing more wonderful to a man than a woman who loves Jesus with all her heart.

My guess by now you probably have a boyfriend, may be even engaged, but in case you are not I wanted to let you know this truth :)

Seriously nothing is more important or attractive than a woman who's heart is completely for God. She is and will always be his biggest blessing through out life.

Even Martin Luther said "There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage." and a good marriage is built on a similar deep love of Christ.

Any who, I hope that you are able to take this as a compliment and that it does not seem too 'out there'. I guess living in such a globalized world these situations are more likely to occur than not.

I wish you the best, and am sure that God is using you for great things. May God always bless you!