Wednesday, May 12, 2010

what's in that frige of yours anyway?


i never truly understood how people's refrigerators could get so darn packed. i mean, how is it possible for things to get lost way back in the back - wouldn't you realize you hadn't taken a look at it in a while and would think to throw it out? plus, how many items do you actually need a fridge? surely not that many.

tonight i decided it would be a good idea just to rumble through my items in the refrigerator - knowing that with the caf closed for the summer i would need to go grocery shopping soon and wanted to make sure i wasn't going to double up on anything. plus, kevin and kara dropped off a lot of items earlier because they are moving (sad day - more to come in another post).

WELL, i threw away have of my refrigerator. i could not believe how many items had expired - it was quite disgusting. so i went from three stuffed shelves to about one. what was even worse is that i hadn't opened most of the items and realized i probably threw away at least $60-$70 worth of untouched groceries.

it's terrible.
thus, i am going to start fresh and new TODAY. i am going to plan out what i want to eat for the week and not over buy when i go shopping - there is no need for that and it is just wasteful.

no more wasting here. nope, i won't do it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking that. How is that I open the fridge door and say, "there is nothing to eat" yet it is filled with FOOD! awesome blog :D

Anonymous said...

Oh my, I should take a photo of mine to compare with yours!!! Oh my, oh my!!! I remember what you use to say about ours "all this stuff and nothing to eat!" Loves! Mom

Leigh Anna said...

I miss you.

LadyMactans said...

My fridge always has expired stuff in it. I think it's because I live alone (well, until recently I did, anyway) and it's much harder to finish things by yourself than with other people. If you have 3 or 4 people sharing everything it goes quickly.

muddleglum said...

Just Lurking.

In the past my wife would buy things and they ended up rotten and I mentioned that she should plan to use what she bought.

Then I remembered I married her for herself and just smile at her.

Anonymous said...

Skagbt [url=http://hermeskelly.finniwolf.com][b]hermes bags 2013[/b][/url] hermes ensemble http://hermeskelly.finniwolf.com Psehfh Rcmgeo hermes bag